[Corpora-List] One month till the W4A'2014 submission deadline

Luz Rello luzrello at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 12:34:20 UTC 2013

Save the date for the 11th International Web for All Conference (W4A'14),

which is to convene in Seoul, Korea, April 7-9th (http://www.w4a.info<http://www.w4a.info/>)
Co-located with the 22th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW'14)

Until January 13, we welcome submissions in the form of:

* 10-page technical or 4-page communication papers on new solutions in Web and Mobile technologies addressing diverse user needs;

* 2-page extended abstracts for the Paciello Group Web Accessibility Challenge and the Google Student Award.

Come to listen to our distinguished keynote speakers:
* Dr. Kun-pyo Lee, Professor at the Department of Industrial Design, KAIST:
"Holistic Web Accessibility in the Society of Convergence"
* Dr. Chieko Asakawa, CTO for Accessibility at the IBM Research – Tokyo:
"Can a blind person understand your world?"
* Dr. Sang-Mook Lee, Professor at the Seoul National University:
"Universal Design in Online and Higher Education through ICT"

The 2014 theme is "The New Accessibility" - not just for people with disabilities! Accessibility exists on a continuum and covers a wide spectrum of needs, thus benefiting everyone in different situations to different degrees. This is especially true for the Web and Mobile technologies, where devices are diverse and their use varies across every conceivable context.

We invite your best work on improving and understanding access for people across the accessibility continuum. Areas of interest include but are not limited to the following: age, cognition, culture, education, emotions, dexterity, disability, diversity, health, hearing, income, infrastructure, language, learning, literacy, mobility, situation, society, and vision.

Important dates:  Midnight HST
Submissions:      January 13
Rebuttals:        February 5-12
Decisions:        February 19