[Corpora-List] New techniques in text processing

Amac Herdagdelen amac at herdagdelen.com
Tue Feb 5 03:44:47 UTC 2013

Dear Corpora Members,

A colleague of mine who is currently doing his PhD in political science
asked me this interesting question:

"One of the hallmarks of Political Science (for better or for worse) is
importing techniques from other disciplines and figuring out how to make
them work in the Political context. As far as text processing the latest
and greatest that we have in our literature is LDA. Is there anything
new/fun that jumps to mind that I should read up on? LDA papers have won
our "Best Methodological Innovation" awards 3 years running."

What are your thoughts? What new things do we have/know to offer other
fields?

Best,

Amaç