[Corpora-List] "Spam" from qwekee.com?

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at suneidesis.com
Wed Feb 13 15:21:04 UTC 2013

On 13 Feb 2013, at 15:14, Tristan Miller <miller at ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> On 13/02/13 03:54 PM, Trevor Jenkins wrote:
>> Someone, perhaps for their own purposes, has set up a
>> mail reflector that is now spamming subscribers to this
>> list with erroneous messages
>
> What makes you think that it's a mail reflector?

I was being kind in case some other member of the list is doing this from good intentions but has inadvertently made a mistake in the setup.

>  Possibly Qwekee (or a
> joe jobber who has it in for them) is trawling public mailing lists and
> spamming the posters (or in some cases the lists themselves).  People on
> the openSUSE mailing list are getting similar messages (see
> <http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2013-02/msg00051.html>) and two or
> three separate LibreOffice lists have been affected.

I'm not subscribe to either of those lists (no longer a Linux user and never a SUSE one, and although a user of LibreOffice not subscribed to their lists) but your evidence is giving credence to the view that it is part of a phishing exercise.

Regards, Trevor.

<>< Re: deemed!