[Corpora-List] "Tajweed" in English dictionaries and corpora

Otto Lassen otto at lassen.mail.dk
Thu Feb 28 23:32:34 UTC 2013

Excuse, I wrote “figh” – wrong for “fiqh” which is in Oxford English Dictionary.
Eric Atwell has found that the word Tajweed has been “left out” of most British English
dictionaries and BNC. But it is in encyclopædia Britannica spelt “tajwid”. It seems to me that his
problem is either the distinction between “english dictionary” and “english encyclopedia”
or that too few in Britain know and use the word “tajweed” and similar words.
Regards
Otto Lassen