[Corpora-List] PL-CALL Conference (May 9-10, 2013) Registration extended (Jan 31, 2013)

PL-CALL contact at pl-call.pl
Mon Jan 7 00:27:05 UTC 2013

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Enclosed please find the conference call for Poland's first CALL (Computer
Assisted Language Learning) conference - PL-CALL, which is to be held in
Warsaw, Poland, 9-10 May 2013. We will be thrilled if you yourselves attend
the conference. You may also - at will - spread the word about this event
to whoever you think may be interested.

Owing to the generosity of the University of Social Sciences in Warsaw
(PL-CALL host institution), we have been subsidised and are happy to
announce the new, *lower conference fee*. Consequently, the conference
registration is extended *until 31 January 2013*.

For more information about registration and payment, go to
http://pl-call.pl/registration-and-payment/

PL-CALL CONFERENCE

The new media have long become an essential part of the foreign language
classroom, and Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL), once a rarity –
if not an oddity – is now becoming a standard in schools. What follows is a
growing interest in the research into the effectiveness of CALL as well as
building bridges between the new media and traditional methodology. Such
efforts, both on the part of ongoing teachers as well as academics, which
have become increasingly popular worldwide, seem to be rare and dispersed
in Poland. Our conference is an attempt to amend the situation in the realm
of research by bringing together the results of CALL studies carried out in
Poland as well as shedding light at foreign research into the new media in
language education.

TOPICS

Theoretical perspectives in CALL

Individual differences and CALL

Social media and networking; telecollaboration; building and sustaining
online LL communities

Project work in CALL

Teachers and learners of the new millennium

New techniques – new contexts – new methodologies?

Mobile learning

Virtual learning environments (VLEs)

Computer-Mediated-Communication (CMC)

Personal learning environments (PLEs)

Virtual worlds in language education

E-course design; e-material writing

Corpora in language learning

Additionally, the conference will proudly host Poland’s first
Telecollaboration Workshop facilitated by Andreas Müller-Hartman
(Pädagogische Hochschule, Heidelberg, Germany) and Małgorzata Kurek
(College of Foreign Languages, Częstochowa, Poland).

KEYNOTE SPEAKERS

Melinda Dooly, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona

Mirjam Hauck, Department of Languages, Open University, United Kingdom

Andreas Müller-Hartman, Pädagogische Hochschule, Heidelberg, Germany

Włodzimierz Sobkowiak, English Faculty, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań,
Poland

In addition, we are planning a number of online plenary lectures by
outstanding CALL scholars and practitioners.

IMPORTANT DATES

*31 Jan 2013 – abstract submission deadline*

28 Feb 2013 – paper acceptance notification / Second Circular

31 March 2013 – early-bird registration deadline

30 April 2013 – registration deadline

9-10 May 2013 – PL-CALL Conference

15 Sept 2013 – article submission deadline

2014 – monograph publication*

*The book will be published by Peter Lang, Frankfurt

PL-CALL Conference Organisers

University of Social Sciences

Warsaw

Poland