[Corpora-List] Corpora of patient and clinician narratives

Phil Gooch philgooch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 10:06:27 UTC 2013

Hi Yunqing

Thanks, yes, UMLS is useful. I use MetaMap quite a bit. There's more
efficient ways of finding medical terms though - I use an approach based on
semantic decomposition of the underlying ontologies used by UMLS (see Chap
6 of my PhD thesis http://openaccess.city.ac.uk/2112/).

But, for my current research, I am looking for corpora of narratives. I'm
looking to extract narrative event chains, self-states and reciprocal role
relations.

Cheers

Phil