[Corpora-List] Question: Citing Linguistic Corpora

Christian Pietsch chr.pietsch at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 19 11:15:39 UTC 2013

Hi Khalid,

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 11:47:20AM +0100, Khalid Choukri wrote:
> If you look at the paper I mentioned you can see some arguments why we are not advocating for DOI

Are you referring to the one-page position paper you linked, or to the
ijcnlp2011 paper you mentioned? I read the former and found no
arguments against DOIs. Do you have an ID for the latter paper handy?

> not only because handlers are not free of charge and many resources are not necessarily described on Internet

DataCite hands out DOIs for free. Handles are free.

Cheers,
Christian

--
  Christian Pietsch · http://purl.org/net/pietsch
  LibTec · Library Technology and Knowledge Management