[Corpora-List] Bilingual dictionaries German-Spanish

Tristan Miller miller at ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon May 6 16:37:28 UTC 2013

Greetings.

On 06/05/13 06:13 PM, Carla Parra wrote:
> I am trying to find available bilingual dictionaries for the pair of
> languages German and Spanish. The idea is to send queries to the
> dictionary as a part of the experiments I am planning within the
> framework of my PhD dissertation.
>
> Does anyone know of available resources I could use for research purposes?

How comprehensive does it need to be?  If you don't need wide coverage,
then perhaps Wiktionary would work.  Wiktionary is a freely licensed,
collaboratively constructed, multilingual online dictionary.  The goal
is for each language edition to provide definitions for words in every
other language.  They're still working on it, of course, but I'm sure
the German edition has definitions for thousands of Spanish words, and
vice versa.

You can use the JWKTL API
<http://www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de/software/jwktl/> for the German version,
or if that doesn't do what you want, you can download the raw XML dumps
and extract the information yourself.

Regards,
Tristan

--
Tristan Miller, Doctoral Researcher
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab (UKP-TUDA)