[Corpora-List] Help Request

Teri Schamp-Bjerede teri.schamp-bjerede at englund.lu.se
Fri Nov 1 18:57:15 UTC 2013

Hi everyone.

my name's Teri and I'm a new Ph.D. student in a research project on "stance" at Lund University.
The project I am taking part in is funded by the Swedish Research Council, Vetenskapsdådet,
and is dubbed StaViCTA – please see http://cs.lnu.se/stavicta/ for more information if you’re curious.

One part of the project deals with the area of “stance”; inter-subjectivity in different areas akin to that of Biber, DuBois, White …
modality, evaluation, positioning, alignment, etc, this also includes positive / negative/neutral values that could arise.

We’re looking for any ‘Stance dedicated’ English electronic resources and/or corpora, and these can be British, American, Canadian, etc...
and we would appreciate an email if you have anything that could be of use.

Also, I've just started working with a few programs and tools, but if you know of any that might be of interesting to try,
I would appreciate these tips as well.

Many thanks for any help, and you can send this directly to me, and we will post a summary afterwards.

to:     teri.schamp-bjerede at englund.lu.se
sub:   corpus help

All my best ~Teri

Teri Schamp-Bjerede