[Corpora-List] Dictionary network analysis

Nancy Ide ide at cs.vassar.edu
Mon Nov 11 21:46:33 UTC 2013

Here are a few more pointers:

Ide, N.M., Véronis, J. (1990). Word Sense Disambiguation with Very Large Neural Networks Extracted from Machine Readable Dictionaries. Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Computational Linguistics, COLING'90,Helsinki, vol. 2, 389-94.
Ide, N.M., Véronis, J. (1990). Very large neural networks for word sense disambiguation. Proceedings of the 9th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence, ECAI'90,Stockholm, 366-68.
Ide, N.M., Véronis, J. (1990). Mapping Dictionaries: A Spreading Activation Approach. Proceedings of the 6th Annual Conference of the Centre for the New Oxford English Dictionary,Waterloo, Ontario, 52-64.

On Nov 11, 2013, at 1:11 PM, Robert Parks <rqparks at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings:
> I'm looking for pointers to research on dictionaries as semantic networks. In particular, I'm interested in applying the pagerank algorithm to the dictionary. I want to find the central words (words used in definitions of important words), and central concepts (words that have important words as synonyms or similars).  Would anyone be able to point me toward relevant research? I'm also interested in collaborating with someone familiar with network analysis.
> Thanks,
> Bob Parks
> --
> *  The best dictionary and integrated theNsaurus on the web: http://www.wordsmyth.net
> * 119 S. Cayuga Street, Ithaca, NY - (607) 272-2190
> * "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life." (LW)
> * "Philosophers have only interpreted the world. The point, however, is to change it." (KM)
> * Each word is a window on all meaning, if we can only open it.

Nancy Ide
Professor of Computer Science

Department of Computer Science
Vassar College