[Corpora-List] Dictionary network analysis

Roberto Navigli navigli at di.uniroma1.it
Mon Nov 11 22:39:27 UTC 2013

Hi Robert,

you might be interested in BabelNet http://babelnet.org -- the largest
multilingual semantic network and encyclopedic dictionary. Version 2.0
covers 50 languages! The site also provides links to publications on
graph-based multilingual word sense disambiguation algorithms.

Best,
Roberto

2013/11/11 Robert Parks <rqparks at gmail.com>

> Greetings:
> I'm looking for pointers to research on dictionaries as semantic networks.
> In particular, I'm interested in applying the pagerank algorithm to the
> dictionary. I want to find the central words (words used in definitions of
> important words), and central concepts (words that have important words as
> synonyms or similars).  Would anyone be able to point me toward relevant
> research? I'm also interested in collaborating with someone familiar with
> network analysis.
> Thanks,
> Bob Parks
> --
> *  The best dictionary and integrated theNsaurus on the web:
> http://www.wordsmyth.net
> * 119 S. Cayuga Street, Ithaca, NY - (607) 272-2190
> * "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life." (LW)
> * "Philosophers have only interpreted the world. The point, however, is to
> change it." (KM)
> * Each word is a window on all meaning, if we can only open it.

Roberto Navigli
Dipartimento di Informatica
Sapienza University of Rome
Viale Regina Elena 295 (second floor)
00161 Roma Italy
Phone: +39 0649255161 - Fax: +39 06 8541842
Home Page: http://wwwusers.di.uniroma1.it/~navigli