[Corpora-List] learner corpora

Krishnamurthy, Ramesh r.krishnamurthy at aston.ac.uk
Mon Apr 21 09:35:17 UTC 2014

Hi Antoine

I can't claim to have done anything more than scratch the surface, but...
10. 08/02/11: Ramesh Krishnamurthy: Using Corpora for Autonomous Correction and Improvement of Academic Writing<http://acorn.aston.ac.uk/RK-publications/RK-EASG-Seminar080211-plus-demo.pdf> (English Studies Group Research Seminar, LSS, Aston University)
at http://acorn.aston.ac.uk/acorn_publication.html
may be of interest... sadly, i have not managed to complete the *main step* in the
research, which would be to identify the successful corpus-search strategies that
the student discovered, and to amend the corpus help documentation, and perhaps
alter the corpus software design accordingly... another step i had hoped to take was
to add 3 years of student assignments to the subcorpora, so that we could see which
aspects of academic language were proving to be the most difficult for native-speakers
to learn.

Other papers that may be of interest are...

[Blog This!]<http://top25.sciencedirect.com/blogThis.php?art=S1475158507000471>
Issues in creating a corpus for EAP pedagogy and research<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1475158507000471>
Journal of English for Academic Purposes, Volume 6, Issue 4, October 2007, Pages 356-373
Krishnamurthy, R.; Kosem, I.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1475158507000471

A new venture in corpus-based lexicography: towards a dictionary of academic English<http://core.kmi.open.ac.uk/download/pdf/14454.pdf>
Authors