CRITICS: Introduction of Cecilia Lopez Badano

Teun A. van Dijk teun at let.uva.nl
Mon Apr 15 13:02:52 UTC 1996

Since I am new to this list, please allow me to briefly introduce myself:

I am a professor of Language and Latin-American Literature since 1980.
Most of my work is in semiotics, and written in Spanish.

In critical discourse analysis I have written, "Female Gender Violence in
the Argentine Mass Media. The history of a discriminatory 'popular
imaginary'", (Review of the Kennedy University, N*2/95, pgs. 5-86),
which is part of a Ph.D. project in progress on "Problems of Meaning".
This project deals with semiotic and pragmatics problems of fiction and
non-fiction discourse.

I'm glad to have been included in the list; I read everything but
since I am not yet fully qualified in English writing, I cannot yet
participate in any international project.

Cecilia Lopez Badano
Linguistics and Semiotics
Dept. of Anthropology
Facultad de Filosofia y Letras