Introduction

A.Mooney A.Mooney at LAW.GLA.AC.UK
Thu Nov 18 14:48:17 UTC 1999

Dear All,

Having just joined the list, I thought it proper to introduce myself.

I am a PhD student at the University of Glasgow in the English Language
Department working with CDA as a basis for my research on the rhetoric of
religious cults. As I am doing close text analysis I don't cover a great
deal of material, it is not a corpora study, but the features that are
emerging seem to be broadly typical.

I am also, being slightly sidetracked, interested in neo-liberalism (as per
previous discussion) and how it might be investigated in the light of
cults. There seems to be some overlap.

If anyone has a favourite cult, please let me know!

Cheers

Annabelle