CDA-PHD-CLASS students joining CRITICS-L

Teun A. van Dijk teun at HUM.UVA.NL
Sun Jan 30 14:46:44 UTC 2000

Dear friends,

As you may remember, I started a project of an international virtual
"class" of Ph.D. students working on a thesis in CDA. Having received
applications from all over the world, I selected 16 students, who as
from today have been accepted as members of the CDA-PHD-CLASS list,
which serves as a site of cooperation for their research.

These students have also been added to the CRITICS-L list, so that we
may also expect occasional contributions from them on our list. Their
names and e-mail addresses will be sent in a separate message, for each
of finding it in our e-mail files or separate printing.

The PhD students will eventually also introduce themselves and their
research projects on this list, and I suspect that some debates and
research results in that class will also be posted on the CRITICS-L
list, of which some members will occasionally act as 'visiting
professors' on the PHD-CDA-CLASS list.

Best wishes

Teun

-----------

Teun A. van Dijk
University of Amsterdam
Program of Discourse Studies

1999-2000:

Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Institut Universitari de Lingüística Aplicada (IULA)
La Rambla 32
08002 Barcelona, Spain

Phone: +34-93-272.1200 (home/casa)
FAX:   +34-93-272.0106 (home/casa)