World Refugee Day & Language Testing

Ingrid Piller ipiller at MAIL.USYD.EDU.AU
Sat Jun 19 00:46:02 UTC 2004

Dear all:

A group of linguists around Diana Eades has just issued a set of
guidelines for the use of language analysis in relation to questions of
national origin in refugee cases. I am one of the signatories to the
guidelines & am pleased that we managed to get them "out" just in time
for world refugee day tomorrow. It would be very much appreciated if you
could have a look at the attached document and help distributing it at
events you might be attending, and elsewhere.

Thank you,
Ingrid

Dr. Ingrid Piller
Linguistics Department, F12