"(Critical) Discourse Analysis" on Wikipedia

Phil Chappell philchappell at MAC.COM
Sat Mar 11 13:02:28 UTC 2006

Dear Tuen,

I don't know too much about the workings of the supposed freely
produced Wikipedia, but I have noticed one trend in the past few
years when I have intermittently used it - postings on large topics
such as CDA or DA or a major name in a field e.g. Vygotsky http://
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vygotsky have tended to be briefer and
definitely the voice of fewer contributors. I spent some time several
years back contributing to the entry on "zone of proximal
development" and "scaffolding", two widely used constructs in
education. None of my original contributions remain and a monoglossic
tone of brevity pervades those pages.

I would be happy to contribute to your project for CDA on Wikipedia,
however should we first check on the stability of contributions? It
seems to me that a privileged group are somehow able to hold on to
editorial rights.

Cheers,

Phil Chappell
AUA Language Centre