research on post-communist lustration

John E Richardson J.E.Richardson at LBORO.AC.UK
Sat Oct 6 18:31:16 UTC 2007

Dear Anna

this is an interesting and important subject.

Isabela Ietcu-Fairclough also has an article published in a journal I
co-edit. It is free to download here:
http://www.languageandcapitalism.info/
The journal would, of course, be very interested to receive any future
articles you might write on this subject!

Norman Fairclough has also written on Romania - I believe it forms part of
his recent book on Globalisation (though I could wrong); there is certainly
a chapter by him on the subject in the edited book 'Discourse and
Contemporary Social Change', (2007) published by Peter Lang.
Amelie Kutter also has a chapter in this book entitled 'Constructions of
European Integration in Polish Print Media Debates on the EU Constitutional
Treaty' that may be of interest.

Peter Berglez, of Orebro Uni, has also recently published his doctoral
thesis - 'The Materiality of Media Discourse: On Capitalism and Journalistic
Modes of writing', and in it he compares the Swedish paper Dagens Nyheter
with the Slovenian Delo.

I also have a few more refs floating around in my head, but I can't recall
them at present! I will have another think & perhaps email a few others to
you.

best wishes
John