AW:

Wodak, Ruth r.wodak at LANCASTER.AC.UK
Thu Jan 31 20:23:17 UTC 2008

Hi John,
thanks for posting this. It would be great to get more data, also from other countries.
I post the link of most recent Austrian BZÖ slogans and posters from the recent regional election in Styria, Graz. BZÖ is part of the former FPÖ under Haider which split 2005, into BZÖ (with Haider) and FPÖ (with Strache). Please note the many historical insinuations as well.
Comments very welcome: http://www.sauberesgraz.at/index.php?content=contentn/postkarten

Best
Ruth
Ruth Wodak
Chair in Discourse Studies
Department of Linguistics and English Language
Lancaster University
Lancaster, UK LA1 4YT
Tel: xx44 1524 592437
Fax:xx44 1524 843085
http://www.ling.lancs.ac.uk/profiles/265/
http://www.wittgenstein-club.at <http://www.wittgenstein-club.at/>
http://www.lancs.ac.uk/ias/researchgroups/dpi/dpi.htm

________________________________

Von: Critical Discourse/Language/Communication Analysis im Auftrag von J.E.Richardson
Gesendet: Do 31.01.2008 19:55
An: CRITICS-L at NIC.SURFNET.NL

Dear all

[again, apologies for cross posting]

A few people have contacted me off-list to ask about the
contents of BNP leaflets. I have recently written an
article for Social Semiotics that interested people may
wish to read; it contains a scanned leaflet from the BNP &
one from Labour. Second article down in this list:
http://www.freewebs.com/johnrichardson/academicarticles.htm

A more openly racist, unregulated version of their
ideology was in evidence in this leaflet distributed in
Hull.
http://www.heretical.com/British/bhullbnp.html

best
John