Proposition query

Ron Kuzar kuzar at RESEARCH.HAIFA.AC.IL
Mon Jan 26 07:09:49 UTC 2009

In that case we differ in our usage. In everyday language, a proposition is at least a sentence, and this is my lower limit as well. Intuitively I don't conceive of a noun phrase as a proposition. I would go for expanding the concept beyond the sentence, on some textual level, but not under it. Variants of the same proposition should in some sense have the same truth values, and an NP doesn't have truth values.
Best
Ron
-------

Email:            kuzar at research.haifa.ac.il