CRITICS-L list as Google Group?

Teun A. van Dijk teun at DISCOURSES.ORG
Tue Nov 9 11:56:48 UTC 2010

Dear friends,

I have doubts about Google groups for the CRITICS-L list because as far
as I know that presupposes that we need to use and communicate with our
gmail accounts, and I don't like to work with an account that requires
entering the web, and prefer to use a POP account (and e.g. Thunderbird
as mail program) as do most people who use their university e-mail address.

So, so far Jerry's proposal stands, but I think it is fair and wise to
wait for other proposals. My main criterion is that once the CRITICS-L
list is housed elsewhere, it will have many years of continuity, which
requires a dedicated convenor, specialized in CDA, and a practical list
system.

Alternatively, we could also ask LINGUIST to house us, parallel with the
DISCOURS list, but that would be an open - and hence possibly very large
- list to manage.

We'll keep thinking and talking about this.

Teun
Teun A. van Dijk
Pompeu Fabra University
Dept. of Translation and Language Sciences
138, Roc Boronat
08018 Barcelona, Spain
E-mail: teun at discourses.org
Web: www.discourses.org