An idea for a website for CRITICS

Celso Alvarez Cáccamo lxalvarz at UDC.ES
Mon Nov 15 21:49:57 UTC 2010

Dear Dominique and Carmen, thanks!

Dominique, thanks, I'll add the link as Temporary Site Manager ;-) .

Carmen, great! (about the possibilities from the Lancaster team). How many people? I would say maximum 2 working on the page itsself (one of them at least, obviously, should be a list member, to gather informations from the list), and then many as necessary gathering links and resources, by topics or sections (e.g. Conferences, Journals, Websites, etc.).  I could be one of the co-managers at the beginning, to show the other person how to do it if s/he doesn't know. If you get someone, I can show then how to do it through a 1-hour interactive Skype session (participants can share screens to show what each is doing, as in a videoconference).

A mini-team could be organized at first to build the body of the site, each person looking for resources on a given section.

Also, for some time the list manager could send periodically Authoritarian Petitions ;-) to the CRITICS list like this: Please everybody send my their link to their personal website // Please send the the link to your Downloadable Publications page, etc. If people are obedient ;-), that's it!

Once the site is built (in a short time), it's only a matter of maintenance: conferences, calls for papers, new books, new papers on line, special topics.

So, this is going to work!

Best,
-celso

----- Mensagem original -----
De: "Carmen Caldas-Coulthard" <c.r.caldas-coulthard at BHAM.AC.UK>
Para: CRITICS-L at NIC.SURFNET.NL
Enviadas: Segunda-feira, 15 de Novembro de 2010 21:12:23
Assunto: Re: An idea for a website for CRITICS

This is really fantastic Celso. I would love to help, but don't you need a computor - oriented mind to do such a task? The Lancaster team has very bright PhD students handling corporta and other virtual worlds. How many people do you need and what is there to be done? Carmen

Dr. Carmen Rosa Caldas-Coulthard
Centre for English Language Studies,
Westmere House
University of Birmingham, UK