CFP: book reviews in Journal of Language and Politics

Hart, Christopher J c.j.hart at HERTS.AC.UK
Mon Oct 4 11:42:31 UTC 2010

Dear Colleagues,

The Journal of Language and Politics (http://www.benjamins.com/cgi-bin/t_seriesview.cgi?series=jlp) currently has the titles listed below available for review.  If you are interested in reviewing any of these titles please contact me and I can send a copy out to you.  Reviews are normally 1000 - 2000 words and I would ask for the review to be submitted within 4 months of receiving the book.

If there are any other recent titles you would like to review, please let me know and I can arrange to obtain a copy for you from the publisher.

Titles currently available:

Ilie, C. (ed.) (2010).  European Parliaments under Scrutiny.  Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
Marxhausen, C. (2010).  Identitat-Reprasentation-Diskurs: Eine handlungsorientierte linguistische Diskursanalyse zur Erfassung raumbexogener Identitatsangebote.  Franz Steiner Verlag.
Millar, S. and Wilson, J. (ed.) (2007).  The Discourse of Europe: Talk and Text in Everyday Life.  Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
Heer, H., Manoschek, W., Pollak, A. and Wodak, R. (2008).  The Discursive Construction of History: Remembering the Wehrmacht's War of Annihilation.  Basingstoke: Palgrave.
Mayr, A. (2008).  Language and Power: An Introduction to Institutional Discourse.  London: Continuum.
McKenzie, R.M. (2010). The Social Psychology of English as a Global Language. Springer.
Schäffner, C. and Bassnett, S. (2010).  Political Discourse, Media and Translation.  Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
Cap, P. (2008).  Legitimisation in Political Discourse: A Cross- Disciplinary Perspective on the Modern US War Rhetoric.  Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
Hart, C. and Lukes, D. (eds.) (2010).  Cognitive Linguistics in Critical Discourse Analysis: Application and Theory.  Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.

Kind regards,
Chris Hart

Dr Christopher Hart
Lecturer in English Language and Communication
University of Hertfordshire
go.herts.ac.uk/cjhart