CFP: book reviews in Journal of Language and Politics

Hart, Christopher J c.j.hart at HERTS.AC.UK
Tue Oct 5 11:20:49 UTC 2010

Dear all,

Thankyou for all your responses.  All of these titles have now found reviewers.  However, if there are any other recent titles relevant to the Journal of Language and Politics that you would like to review please email me directly (i.e. off-list at c.j.hart at herts.ac.uk) and I can see about obtaining a copy for you from the publisher.

Kind regards,
Chris Hart

Dr Christopher Hart
Lecturer in English Language and Communication
University of Hertfordshire
go.herts.ac.uk/cjhart

From: Critical Discourse/Language/Communication Analysis [mailto:CRITICS-L at NIC.SURFNET.NL] On Behalf Of Hart, Christopher J
Sent: 04 October 2010 12:43
To: CRITICS-L at NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: CFP: book reviews in Journal of Language and Politics

Dear Colleagues,

The Journal of Language and Politics (http://www.benjamins.com/cgi-bin/t_seriesview.cgi?series=jlp) currently has the titles listed below available for review.  If you are interested in reviewing any of these titles please contact me and I can send a copy out to you.  Reviews are normally 1000 - 2000 words and I would ask for the review to be submitted within 4 months of receiving the book.

If there are any other recent titles you would like to review, please let me know and I can arrange to obtain a copy for you from the publisher.

Titles currently available:

Ilie, C. (ed.) (2010).  European Parliaments under Scrutiny.  Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
Marxhausen, C. (2010).  Identitat-Reprasentation-Diskurs: Eine handlungsorientierte linguistische Diskursanalyse zur Erfassung raumbexogener Identitatsangebote.  Franz Steiner Verlag.
Millar, S. and Wilson, J. (ed.) (2007).  The Discourse of Europe: Talk and Text in Everyday Life.  Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
Heer, H., Manoschek, W., Pollak, A. and Wodak, R. (2008).  The Discursive Construction of History: Remembering the Wehrmacht's War of Annihilation.  Basingstoke: Palgrave.
Mayr, A. (2008).  Language and Power: An Introduction to Institutional Discourse.  London: Continuum.
McKenzie, R.M. (2010). The Social Psychology of English as a Global Language. Springer.
Schäffner, C. and Bassnett, S. (2010).  Political Discourse, Media and Translation.  Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
Cap, P. (2008).  Legitimisation in Political Discourse: A Cross- Disciplinary Perspective on the Modern US War Rhetoric.  Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
Hart, C. and Lukes, D. (eds.) (2010).  Cognitive Linguistics in Critical Discourse Analysis: Application and Theory.  Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.