Speak up agains democracy's decline

grigoro at correo.ugr.es grigoro at correo.ugr.es
Tue Dec 20 09:03:24 UTC 2011

Hello
Good grasp on de-topicalisation.
At the same time, can't blame one for bringing in History. I personally
love this: "we are now living in a German-dominated Europe: something that
the European project was actually SUPPOSED to stop" (what makes it a valid
argument 50 yrs later?). Zooming out, it reminds me of the terms in which
Lord Ismay formulated NATO goals: "to keep the Russians out, the Americans
in, and the Germans down". There may be more to it than sheer nationalism.
Farange talks about nation-state democracy (democracy in a nation-state
can only be nationalist) but not FOR it, as it is debateable whether or
not UK is rightfully defined as one.
Season's greetings to you all
Elena Catrinescu