FW: 3 posts in English Linguistics at Manchester

Wodak, Ruth r.wodak at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Jan 3 18:01:36 UTC 2012

Dear colleague,

Linguistics and English Language at Manchester has a remarkable opportunity to refresh and strengthen its provision in English Linguistics:  3 new lectureships from September.  I'm writing in case you know of any suitable candidates who may not have applied.  Please encourage them to go in for one of the posts.  The closing date is 13 January.  Here's the ad:

http://tinyurl.com/brmenc3

We're expecting a strong field, though applications to date are still with our Human Resources dept.  The University is driven by the forthcoming Research Excellence Framework, so applicants will need to be submittable for the REF, which in effect means having four good publications that definitely enter the public domain 2008-12 (two publications for early-career researchers).

With thanks and best wishes for 2012
David

Please forgive any cross-posting and repeats.
        David Denison | Smith Professor of English Language & Med. Lit.
        Dept of Linguistics and English Language
        University of Manchester | Manchester M13 9PL | U.K.
+44 (0)161-275 3154 (phone)  +44 (0)161-275 3031 (fax)
david.denison at manchester.ac.uk      http://tinyurl.com/DD-UMan