Fwd: RC25 Language & Society - Call for Abstracts
alon at lischinsky.net
Tue Jun 4 13:16:33 UTC 2013
(with apologies for cross-posting)
The RC25's call for abstracts for the ISA XVIII World Congress of
Sociology in Yokohama, Japan, July 13-19 2014, is open.
Please, circulate this call for papers through all of your
RC25 Program Theme: The Language of Inequality.
Full description of the sessions here:
Abstracts are limited to 300 words. While RC 25 supports a wide
variety of scholarship, please keep in mind that papers must look at
language in interaction and in systems of representation. Please
identify the theoretical/methodological approach that you will use in
Guidelines for the submission process can be found at:
Link for abstracts submission: https://isaconf.confex.com/isaconf/wc2014/cfp.cgi
Deadline: September 30, 2013
List of RC25 Sessions & Session Organizers:
- Migrations and Conditions of Belonging. Organizer: Erzsébet Barát,
University of Szeged, zsazsa at lit.u-szeged.hu
- Online interaction: The changing meanings of social context.
Organizer: Anders Persson, Lund University, anders.persson at soc.lu.se
- Popular & Sociological Discourses on Inequality. Organizer: Frédéric
Moulène. University of Strasbourg, frederic.moulene at voila.fr.
- Identity and institutional categorization. Organizer: Frida
Petersson, University of Gothenburg, frida.petersson at socwork.gu.se
- Activism, Media and Justice. Co-organized by Roberta Villalon, St.
John’s University, villalor at stjohns.edu and Natalie Byfield, St.
John’s University, byfieldn at stjohns.edu
- Old and new conditions of language endangerment. Organizer: Olga
Kazakevich, Lomonosov Moscow State University,
kazakevich.olga at gmail.com
- Producing Counter-Hegemonic Knowledge. Organizer: Nadezhda
Georgieva-Stankova, Trakia University, nadyageorgieva at abv.bg
- The Language of Borders: Exclusion and Resistance. Organizer:
Trinidad Valle, Fordham University, valle at fordham.edu
- Privilege and Stigma. Organizer: Thomas Horejes, Gallaudet
University, Thomas.Horejes at gallaudet.edu
- Markets, Power and Language. Organizer: Laura García Landa.
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, garlanster at gmail.com
- Current debates in Japanese Scholarship on Language & Society.
Co-organized by: Amado Alacón , Rovira & Virgili University,
amado.alarcon at urv.cat, and Keiji Fujiyoshi, Koyasan University,
fjosh524 at hotmail.com
- Sociological Analyses of Language. Organizer: Celine-Marie Pascale,
American University, USA, pascal at amercian.edu
- Language and Work: Representations of Psychosocial Health at Work
Joint Session: RC 25 and RC 30 Sociology of Work. Co-Organizers:
Stéphanie Cassilde, Centre d’Études en Habitat Durable,
stephanie.cassilde at cehd.be, Adeline Gilson, Laboratoire d’Économie et
de Sociologie du Travail, adeline.gilson at univ-amu.fr
- Naming Marriage as Gendered. Joint Round table session: RC32 Women
in Society and RC25. Co-Organizers: Shobha Gurung, Southern Utah
University, gurung at suu.edu, and Melanie Heath, McMaster University,
mheath at mcmaster.ca
Looking forward to seeing everyone next year!
Amado Alarcón (Rovira & Virgili University) and Celine-Marie Pascale
(American University), RC25 Program Coordinators
Critics-l mailing list
Critics-l at listserv.cddc.vt.edu
More information about the Critics-l