[Dgkl] Fwd: CfP - Theme Session - Emotions and Figurativity

Dylan Glynn dsg.up8 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 11:35:28 UTC 2021

*Theme Session - Empirical evidence for the figurative structure of
emotions*

*Call for Papers*

At the upcoming 6th International Conference on Figurative Thought and
Language (April 2022, Poznan), we will be organising a theme session
devoted to the use of corpora for the study of emotional language and
emotion concepts. Special attention will be paid to figurative structures
and how language encodes this dimension of grammar, meaning and thought.

Traditional corpus methods, computational corpus methods as well as
corpus-driven manual analysis / discourse analysis are all welcome. One of
the aims of the theme session will be to promote methodological integration
/ cross-domain awareness.

A full description of the theme session can be found here:
http://ftl6.amu.edu.pl/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Empirical-evidence-for-the-figurative-structure-of-emotions.pdf

The conference details can be found here: http://ftl6.amu.edu.pl/

We ask for informal proposals / statements of intent to be sent to us by
the 25th September.
Please CC proposals and any questions to:
Avgustina Biryukova <syncopem at yandex.ru>
Dylan Glynn <dsg.up8 at gmail.com>
Mai Kumamoto <mai.kmmt at gmail.com>

Short abstracts of 300 words (excluding references) will have to be
submitted for consideration by the conference board by the 30th of
September (information on conference site currently indicates 15 September,
but this will be updated).

Dylan Glynn