Therapeutic Discourse

James Cornish jwcornish at TAMU.EDU
Sun Apr 11 19:22:44 UTC 1999

Jari

> This is Jari Kokkinen intervening with the discussion on therapeutic
> discourse. Does the book you suggested, as well as Kathleen Ferrara's
> work on therapeutic touch the isuue of race in any way? If it does I
> would be more than interested. My thesis is about discourses of race
> and love in Baldwin's 1960s drama Blues for Mister Charlie, where the
> latter appears very therapeutic in terms of healing the traumas of
> racism and stepping beyond racial conflict.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jari K.

There are a few mentions of race I believe, but I would suggest that you
ask Dr. Ferrara herself.  She is a subscriber to this list and will have
a great deal more meaningful to say than I will.  She is very kind and
also interested in sociolinguistics of race and ethnicity.

best wishes,

James

< The fact that no one understands
you doesn't mean you're an artist.>