Introduction

Chad D. Nilep NILEP at TURBONET.COM
Wed Aug 4 23:44:46 UTC 1999

I am pleased to join the DISCOURS mailing list.  Allow me to introduce
myself:  My name is Chad D. Nilep (you may, by all means, call me
Chad).  I am a linguist by training, having received an MA from Arizona
State University in 1997.  Since that time, I have been teaching ESL in
Korea and then in Japan.  I do not consider myself an ESL teacher at
heart, but it is a good job for an MA.

I am now in the process of returning to the US.  I am physically located
in Moscow, Idaho, home of the University of Idaho, and am seeking a
position in the academic world.

My areas of interest include:  humour studies, film, pragmatics and
discourse theory, semantics, historical linguistics, and modern and
contemporary literature, to name but a few.  I also have some experience
in ESL pedagogy, of necessity.

I am very excited to return to the Academy, a return I am currently
facilitating largely through participation in groups such as this one.