introduction

Nobuko Koyama-Murakami koyamamu at HAWAII.EDU
Wed Feb 3 20:49:56 UTC 1999

I would like to introduce myself very briefly.

I am a grad student at the University of Hawaii-Manoa, where a group of
cognitive linguists has been growing in number over the years.  My major
interest in discourse is how the notion of grounding is manifested in
written narrative texts.  This topic satisfies 'literary' side of me and
'linguist' side of me, both.  I am particularly interested in contemporary
literary works in Japanese.  The names like Banana Yoshimoto, Haruki
Murakami might sound familiar to you, since their works have been
translated into English.

Nobuko Koyama-Murakami
Dept. of Linguistics
University of Hawaii-Manoa