Modern Research

Katherine Zilkha kzilkha at MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU
Fri Feb 5 05:09:13 UTC 1999

Dear Jordan,

You might contact Jurgen Streeck, a professor of Language and Culture in
the Speech Communication Dept. at The Univ. of Texas at Austin.  He is a
linguist who has recently been doing work on Hip Hop (Rap) and, as I
understand it, its function as oral poetry similar to that of the medieval
bard (I may have that somewhat wrong).  His email is jstreeck at mail.utexas.edu.

Best,

Kathy Zilkha
Dept. of Speech Communication