Modern Research

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at TAMU.EDU
Fri Feb 5 15:38:07 UTC 1999

Some time ago, Viv Edwards wrote a book comparing ancient oral poetic
traditions with the oral traditions of the African diaspora, esp. hip hop;
unfortunately, I can't think of the name of the book. Can anyone help out?

Mary

>I am looking for sources of current information: what kind of periodicals
>or current books would be best on oral poetry? Or the related, such as Hip
>Hop culture, spoken word?  It is part of what I must this semester in my
>Masters program.
>
>Thanks,
>Jordan
>
>Check out my homepage at:
>http://www.students.miami.edu/~jrich/

Mary Bucholtz
Assistant Professor of Linguistics and Discourse Studies
Department of English
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-4227

bucholtz at tamu.edu