Introduction Christina Wasson

Luuk Lagerwerf l.lagerwerf at WMW.UTWENTE.NL
Mon Feb 22 08:31:12 UTC 1999

Dear Christina,
> My introduction to the Discours group...  I'm Christina Wasson.  My Ph.D.
> is in linguistic anthropology from Yale.  I study managers and
> professionals in corporate settings.  I focused on an American corporation
> for my dissertation, and am now planning a project on the EU.  My
> interests center around questions of individual and institutional power
> and agency, as these are represented and enacted in everyday linguistic
> practices.  I'm currently teaching at DePaul University in Chicago.

I'm Luuk Lagerwerf, got my PhD. in discourse semantics at Tilburg
University (Netherlands) and I'm working now as an assistent
professor a  Twente University (Netherlands). I'm starting research
in advisory texts of management consultants. To begin with, I'm
interested in the role advisory texts play in a company that has been
advised (for instance, the text is used to argue against opponents in
the organization).

Do you know of any research that has been done with respect to the
use of advisory text by managers or professionals?

Thanks,

Luuk.

Luuk Lagerwerf
Language and Communication