Introduction

Larry LaFond lllafond at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Jan 8 20:52:13 UTC 1999

Greetings Discours-ers,

My name is Larry L. LaFond.  I’m a Ph.D. student in Linguistics at the
University of South Carolina, having completed an MA in Applied Linguistics
at Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA, in 1997.  My current research
interests revolve around second language acquisition as it relates to
interlanguage pragmatics and discourse.  I am also interested in issues
related to religious discourse in America, a remnant of 10 years I spent as
an ordained Lutheran pastor in a former life.  I am still relatively new to
the field of linguistics, but have had a lifelong interest in matters
related to discourse in general, so this interdisciplinary forum greatly
interests me.

All the best,  Larry