Introduction

eubanks philip tb0pee1 at CORN.CSO.NIU.EDU
Fri Jan 8 22:03:27 UTC 1999

Dear Everyone on Discours,

I'm Phil Eubanks, an Assistant Professor at Northern Illinois University,
and I just subscribed to "discours" yesterday.  My perspective is
mainly rhetorical; I'm in NIU's English Department.  I did my graduate
work at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in association
with the Center for Writing Studies.  I wrote my dissertation on theories of
metaphor, considering the influence of discourse upon the conceptual metaphor
TRADE IS WAR.  Since then, I've put some of that work in article
form (upcoming in Written Communication and Poetics Today).

'Hope to learn much from all of you.

Yours,

Phil Eubanks