Introduction

Karen McComas mccomas at MARSHALL.EDU
Fri Jan 8 22:13:19 UTC 1999

Hi Marty,

Haven't introduced myself yet, but you've thrown out some good bait :)

I'm not very clear on the scope of discourse (one reason I joined this list)
but let me respond with a theory of my own about hypertext environment, if it
is a discourse (and I'm not certain that it is - let's just suppose it
is)....I think the minimal unit of discourse in a hypertext environment is
either .... oh drats, I was going to initially say it was a single screen, but
just as I started to type that I started to second guess myself...could it be
a single letter, linked to another document....could it be a graphic, linked
to another document....hmmmmmm....someone else better jump in here ;)

--

Karen L. McComas
Communication Disorders, Marshall University
Huntington, WV  25755-2634
M**:  Van*Faussien
More info?  finger mccomas at marshall.edu