introduction

Georgina Heydon g.heydon at LINGUISTICS.UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Mon Jan 11 03:41:08 UTC 1999

Pamela,

You may be interested in a paper that I extracted from my Honours thesis
called:

'Participation frameworks, discourse features and embedded requests in
police VATE interviews with children.'

VATE stands for Video and Audio Taping of Evidence and it provides an
alternative to testifying in court for particularly vulnerable
witnesses/victims of crime.  The data analysed in this study are training
interviews which the Victoria (Australia) Police were good enough to allow
me to video-tape!

Georgina

Georgina Heydon
Department of Linguistics and Applied Linguistics
University of Melbourne
Parkville   Victoria    3052
Australia

Ph: 61 3 9344 5488