Julie's invocation of the unconscious

Celso Alvarez Caccamo lxalvarz at UDC.ES
Mon Jan 11 20:25:19 UTC 1999

David Samuels wrote:

> (1) what is the relationship between consciousness and things that go under
> terms like "doxa," "habitus," "hexis," and so on.  This covers things like
> the relationship between grammar and textual construction, the linking of
> things like quantity, stress, intonation and gesture in performance, as
> well as the question of linguistic consciousness and linguistic ideology.

This last point of your very interesting message is crucial,
thanks for raising it. It's something I'm trying to tackle with
my semibrain. How would you (could you?) characterize this
relationship between "linguistic consciousness" and "language
ideology"? Could you elaborate or point at any references
directly dealing with this issue? Thank you.

-celso
--
Celso Alvarez-Caccamo              Tel. +34 981 167000 ext. 1888
Linguistica Geral, Faculdade de Filologia     FAX +34 981 167151
Universidade da Corunha                          lxalvarz at udc.es
15071 A Corunha, Galiza (Espanha)   http://www.udc.es/dep/lx/cac