Julie's invocation of the unconscious

Divizio d2d at PD.HIGHWAY.NE.JP
Tue Jan 12 05:28:25 UTC 1999

**********Divizio's invocation of the unconscious
as provoked by
David W. Samuels

Jim and Julie,

#/\/\/\/\
On 1/12/99
Divizio wrote all of the following,
sequentially, alternating between pda and OED.

doxa~
        carafe 1 Corroon 1
        Carole 1 carafe 1
        area araf 1 Arab 1
        oral 1 ouch unsafe

glory~
        jwafa mraga firafa
        Sonya gwafa ginafa

opinion~
        warning weilding
        warning MaRissa

hexis~
        mud I issued sided
        issued sued I sined
        joined Seiko mud I

habitus~
        Ratified butilarl
        eatilarl sutilonl
        Vatican nutilarl
        metilarl warlord

settled tendency or practice~
        escrowing-Ra
        gacmeanet beetles

SCARABS ANYONE?  I like the late 20th C metaphor of us rolling our
information around like dung beetles from one end of this life to the next.

OK first the Introduction.
I've been watching a while.  But I think this is worth posting.

I am a Performance artist...cum poet.  Hahaha.

I am trying to figure out WHY the following happens.
Formally, I present a multi-media performance of a computer mediated poetic
generation with a pda(character recognition computer-personal digital
assistant)

My credentials DNE......or is that NDE
My background is shady...starting many things....finishing none....well,
few.
Five years of undergraduate meandering...and subsequently 20 years of "real
life" experience gathering...punctuated with sporadic diverse
reading....focused on whatever I needed to know for upcoming works
(performance, etc, etc.).....OR trying to figure out WHAT's just happened in
works I've presented (performances, etc, etc)

I am smoking my OED.

Language has always fascinated me but =*as much as possible*=I have tried to
avoid it in my artworks......which come from a ritualistic base expressing
my relationship with Place and Creature.

A year ago I had a vision of a performance with a pda I'd come
into.......hahaha.  It is very interesting work.  I've enjoyed and benefited
from reading along here.

I'm not exactly sure HOW this is working........but I have some thoughts on
the matter
which are the *object* of my research.....

NO....I want you to read the poems first.
Please return to the top of this extravagant hypertextuality******
/\/\/\/\#
Thanks to David Samuels to stimulate this outburst.

David 2 Divizio