Introduction

Claudia Bubel c.bubel at RZ.UNI-SB.DE
Tue Jan 12 14:04:30 UTC 1999

Hello there,

 Yet another newcomer to the list. My name is Claudia Bubel and I am a
graduate assistant in the English department of Saarland University,
Germany. In the past year I worked on the linguistics of humour and on
gender issues. From gender issues I moved on to critical discourse analysis
reading Fowler, van Dijk, Fairclough and Kress. This is why I'm interested
in the Discours List (by the way, why is it spelt without the -e?). Next
semester I will teach a seminar on sociolinguistics, in which I intend to
also deal with critical sociolinguistics à la Ruth Wodak.

My long-term project? I am planning to do a Ph.D. on power structures in
cross-cultural sales talk. At the moment I am only collecting
conversational data for it though. If anyone could point out some
interesting books or articles on this topic, I'd be very grateful.

Nice to meet you

	Claudia

Claudia Bubel
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin
Lehrstuhl Prof. Dr. Neal R. Norrick
Fachrichtung 8.3 Anglistik
Universtität des Saarlandes
Postfach 15 11 50
D-66041 Saarbrücken

Tel.: 0681 - 302 - 2270
e-mail:  c.bubel at rz.uni-sb.de
url: http://www.uni-sb.de/philfak/fb8/norrick/bubel.htm

Linguist - tough job, but someone's gotta do it.