introduction

Elwood Mott mottw at GTE.NET
Wed Jan 13 08:41:00 UTC 1999

I am Elwood Mott, an occasional Ph.D. Candidate in Linguistics, currently
working on Northeastern Mandarin, (Shenyang, Heping Qu) to be specific,
doing discourse analysis of natural conversations.  I originally started my
dissertation on Hakka thirty years ago, but got distracted and spent twenty
years as a Union organizer. I am now back.

A comment:  while lurking here the last week or so, I've noticed that some
members seem to respond privately and some to the list.  This leaves us
lurkers with half a message, quite disconcerting.

Also: the address for this introductory posting is different from the
address that comes through with the messages; is it significant?  I posted
an earlier introduction to the other address which seems to be lost in
cyberspace.

(I write characters in GB unless requested to do otherwise.)

Elwood K. Mott Jr.
Ī Îò µÛ
Dept. of Linguistics
Univ. of Hawaii