Introduction

Ilan Mitchell-Smith ilan1 at JUNO.COM
Fri Jan 15 17:19:23 UTC 1999

	Just wanted to introduce myself to the rest of the list.  My name
is Ilan Mitchell-Smith, and I am a doctoral student in English
Literature.  I took a Masters from the Center for Medieval Studies at
Fordham University, and although I am theoretically studying Medieval
English Lit., I still like to think of my studies as interdisciplinary.
	I work mainly on fourteenth- and fifteenth-century romance, and
in particular I am interested in codes of heroic conduct, the rules that
covern those codes (both on and off the field of combat), and the issues
of masculine identity that arise from these codes.  I am also becoming
interested in "medievalism" as depicted in popular media and in academia,
and would like to do some work on the formation of the image of medieval
culture.

	-Ilan