Introduction

Luuk Lagerwerf l.lagerwerf at WMW.UTWENTE.NL
Mon Jan 18 11:30:02 UTC 1999

Hi Aileen,

> I'm Aileen Han and I'm a Master of Arts (Applied Linguistics) student in
> Malaysia. I'm currently taking a course in Discourse Analysis and am
> looking into Martin Luther King's 'I Have A Dream' speech in fulfillment
> of a paper I have to present. The theme is Language, Power and Ideology
> and basically, I'm focusing on the linguistic devices.

If you're not focusing on Ideology, but rather on Language and
Power (and especially, linguistic devices), a book that provides
much insight is:

Atkinson, Max (1984), Our masters' voices. The language and body
language of politics. London: Methuen.

Best regards,

Luuk Lagerwerf.

Luuk Lagerwerf