Introduction

Suda Rangkupan ccssuda at ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU
Wed Jan 20 08:24:00 UTC 1999

Hi,

    My name is Suda. I'm an international student from Thailand, doing a
Ph. D. at Linguistics Dept., State University of New York at Buffalo.
    My area of interest is a linguistic analysis of narrative discourse.
Now I'm working on my dissertation about DEIXIS in Thai fictional
narratives. Linguistic phenomena that are involved are zero anaphora and
clausal structure of private state predicates, such as verbs of
cognition, vision, and emotion. It will also discuss about social deixis
in Thai novels.
    Thanks to the organizing group who dedicate your time to initiate
this list. It's nice to see a lot of active members here. I also look
forward to keeping in touch with those who are working in the same area
as I am.

Best wishes,

Suda