Introduction

Yasuhisa Watanabe yasu_watanabe at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 21 10:54:41 UTC 1999

Dear Cynthia

Could you supply with the reference of your publication mentioned in
your message?

While I am here, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Yasuhisa
Watanabe, a Ph.D. student in Australia. (I was born in Japan but now
live in Australia.) I have just finished my Masters thesis in
acquisition of pragmatic and discourse skills of L2 Japanese learners.
(I intend to publish this work after some revision in the near fuure, if
anyone is interested.)

I currently teach Japanese at Queensland Universiy of Technology in
Brisbane. I also work as a translator (English-Japanese-Chinese) so your
work interested me in a big way. It may be useful for my teaching of
Japanese in the future.

If there are any teachers of second languages, I would like to hear
about your experiences in teaching discourse skills too.

Regards,

Yasuhisa Watanabe