Rhetorical Structure Theory

Vershawn Ashanti Young VYoung7981 at AOL.COM
Wed Jan 20 21:24:26 UTC 1999

I too would like to know more about RST.

Thanx

Vershawn

In a message dated 1/20/99 10:46:57 AM Central Standard Time,
jwcornish at TAMU.EDU writes:

<< To Holger Schauer

 Thank God there is someone interested in Mann and Thompson's RST.  I've
 have battled with some of the schemes and am hoping that you have found
 some types of methodologies which will ease that difficult task and
 possibly cut back on some of the subjectivity inherent in deciding which
 span is relationally what.

 Please let me know what all you are doing with that theory.  I know that
 you are computer based whereas I have been doing the analyses by hand,
 but I sure would like to hear how you are getting along with the RST.

 --
 James Warren Cornish -  Texas A&M University
 English Department/ Discourse Studies