Introduction

Holger Schauer schauer at COLING.UNI-FREIBURG.DE
Thu Jan 21 14:52:21 UTC 1999

 CS> My main interests are in discourse coherence, discourse
 CS> production and comprehension, discourse disorders, and the use of
 CS> discourse markers, with a particular concern for the differences
 CS> between speaking and writing.

 CS> I finished my Ph.D. in 1998 with a dissertation on discourse
 CS> coherence and the role of discourse markers, approached from a
 CS> cognitive point of view.  My focus was on so-called discourse or
 CS> coherence relations, and my literature included work by Mann and
 CS> Thompson, Hobbs, Asher, Lascarides, Knott, Sanders, Noordman and
 CS> many others.

This sounds like we share a lot of literature. Is your dissertation
(or some papers about it) available in English, preferably somewhere
on the net ?

Holger
--
Holger Schauer                         CLIF - Computational Linguistic Lab
                                       Freiburg University, Germany