introduction

Georgia Caver gcaver at UTKUX.UTCC.UTK.EDU
Thu Jan 28 16:49:35 UTC 1999

Hi.  I'm Georgia Caver.  Currently (and perhaps perpetually), I'm working
on my dissertation at the University of Tennessee.  The
dissertation--Exploration and the Ethos of Empire: A Rhetorical Analysis
of Richard Hakluyt's Principall Navigations--illustrates my chief
scholarly interests, rhetoric and early modern literature.  I fell into
discourse analysis by accident, hanging out with a linguistics professor
whom I like, and I'm finding the concepts and applications interesting and
useful...