Gender & CDA Colloquium

Michelle Maria Lazar ellmml at NUS.EDU.SG
Mon Jul 5 11:24:14 UTC 1999

Dear all,

*Apologies for cross-posting.*

I am organising a colloquium on 'Gender & Critical Discourse Analysis' at
the Sociolinguistics Symposium 2000, which will be held next April in
Bristol (UK).  Presently, I have contributions from scholars in Hungary, the
UK and Singapore, and am looking for two more contributors -- ideally from
national/cultural contexts other than those listed -- to join the
colloquium.  If you're interested, please send me an abstract by 14 July
1999. Below is a description of the colloquium. (It is hoped that each
speaker will have about 30 minutes).

"This colloquium brings together papers from different research projects
that use, develop and/or problematise Critical Discourse Analysis as a
research program in the study of gender (and sexuality...), in a variety of
cultural contexts and genres.  The studies presented here are 'multi-faced'
in that they deal with CDA, which itself is a field at the interface of
linguistics and social theory, combining this with, amongst others, impetus
drawn from feminist and queer studies."

Best,
Michelle

*************************
Dr. Michelle M. Lazar
Assistant Professor
Department of English Language & Literature
Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences
National University of Singapore
Block AS5
7 Arts Link Singapore 117570